There is a saying that goes: “The first impression lasts forever.” And in case of your house, the living room is the place that leaves a permanent impact on both the homeowners and visitors.
In other words, it is no doubt that you should invest in turning your living room into a lovely spot. There are many options available to do the trick, but one problem exists.
What if your living room is not spacious at all?
Most recommendations on room decoration focus on huge spaces so you may find it difficult to light up your tiny living room. But do not worry! We’ve got your back!
In our article below, we will present the five ways to beautify your cramped room. Don’t you believe in us? Scroll down to find out more!
How To Decorate A Small Living Room
Take advantage of the natural light
Science has proven that a bright space will make everything look roomier. So it is advisable for you to make the best use out of the sunlight. How can you do that?
- Replace your windows regularly. The older your windows are, the less transparent they become. New glass windows will allow more light to enter your room.
- Use pastel curtains. Avoid dark colors such as black, brown or crimson. They will darken your whole room and make it seem smaller in size.
- Make use of lightweight materials. Linen or silk is the best option to craft a beautiful curtain. And remember to stay away from velvet or anything similar!
Use hanging decor
One of the best ways to decorate a narrow living room is to use hanging decorations. Everything from wall banners to elegant chandeliers is not only space-saving, but they also add an exquisite touch to your room.
However, you should avoid turning your living room into an entangling mess. Only select the most suitable items and apply them appropriately.
Purchase multifunctional furniture
Why invest in a costly single item when you can buy something that serves two purposes? There is a lot of multifunctional furniture available now on the market so it shouldn’t be a big problem for you to pick what fits your room.
In your living room, you can try installing a lift-top coffee table. Or you can consider buying a couch that conveniently turns into a bed when needed.
The possibilities are open, and you have to be creative!
Create a theme
If you can think of a theme for your living room, the decoration will be much easier to do. The most popular ones are bohemian style, minimalist style or cozy style.
Embracing your tiny living room in the same pattern will make it look more attractive. And no one will pay attention to the size anymore!
Paint your walls in pastel colors
White walls are the best in small living rooms. They make the whole space look larger by reflecting the light. But if you don’t enjoy white, you can turn to other pastel shades like light blue, light yellow or light pink.
Which Tools Should Be Used
Having a lovely living room will make your home more valuable. But the decoration can be expensive. In that case, using some necessary tools is how you can reduce the cost.
- Air compressors for nail guns: Living room decoration inevitably calls for screws and nails. Do not waste your time and effort in handling them by hands. Let’s use an air compressor for easy pounding.
- Tape measure: It will help you to determine the dimensions of everything in your room.
- Screwdrivers: Accidentally pounding a nail in the wrong place? Get a screwdriver right away!